Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Week 3-Post B

Character Analyze

Thyme Gilcrest is the main character in this novel. She is a character that I do not like. There are many reasons why I don't like her as a character. One reason I don't like her is because she is very mean to her friends. "Susan H. Merrit, you are a total fucking idiot."(pg 112) This is something that Thyme said to her best friend that is very mean and good friends should support their friends when they do something wrong and not be mean to them. Also another reason I don't like her is because she is very hard on herself. She is always doing homework on Friday and Saturday nights and never wants to relax and have fun. "You didn't go to the movie with everyone the other night. I totally though you'd be there." (pg 106) Someone said this to her and this is an example of her never wanting to have fun. A last reason I don't like her is because she is selling prescription drugs to others which is harmful to them and just thinking of herself to get something in return. Those three reasons, not being nice to her friends, being to hard on herself and hurting other people, are why I don't like Thyme Gilcrest.

No comments: